If you have an emergency dental issue that needs an immediate dental examination, you should visit the Aesthetic Dentistry of San Diego. Our emergency dentist takes his/her time to offer emergency care for the patients. Make an appointment if you suffer from a severe toothache, tooth fracture, swollen gums, or if you lose the crown of your tooth. The dentist not only treats your tooth but treats the person as a whole. An emergency dentist knows everything that could go wrong with a tooth, so he/she can quickly and efficiently help you to get rid of pain and save the tooth.
How to know if you need an emergency examination?
Usually, dental emergency issues are reported to be as follows:
- If you have a painful bite
- Your teeth feel sensitivity towards heat or cold
- If you experience tooth loss
- Difficulty in breathing
- If you have a tooth fracture
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- When you feel a throbbing pain in your teeth, gums, or jaw
- Shooting tooth pain or jaw pain
- Any mouth pain along with a fever
- An inability to swallow
- Severe swelling on your face or gum
- Lost fillings or crowns
- Infections left untreated, which lead to severe dental and overall health problems
How can you prevent a dental emergency?
You can prevent dental emergency through the following ways:
- Follow a good oral hygiene habit
- Brush and floss every day after each meal as that will help keep your mouth healthy
- Change your toothbrush every three months
- Use a fluoride toothpaste
- Rinse your mouth using an antiseptic mouthwash daily
- Get regularly checked by your dentist
- Avoid opening bottles, cutting things, breaking objects, etc. using your teeth
- While engaged in active sports, use a mouthguard
- Avoid hard food items after newly restoring your teeth
- Use a minimal amount of sugar between meals
- Avoid consuming drugs for toothache or anything without a dentist's consultation
In case of an emergency, call Dentist in San Diego CA immediately, and we'll be able to guide you further.