The luxury of having a beautiful smile is not something that everyone gets to enjoy. We may sometimes see a person’s smile and wish we had one that was just as good. Such is the impact that a good-looking smile can make to your life. To help you get the best smile possible, an entire branch of dentistry is dedicated to improving the aesthetics of the smile, called cosmetic dentistry.
What issues can cosmetic dentistry resolve?
Cosmetic dentistry can be divided into two brief categories. In certain treatments, external oral restorations will be used to bring about changes to the aesthetics of the smile. In other treatments, changes will be made to the existing oral set up to make it appear more visually pleasing. Here are some of the issues that can be treated using cosmetic dental procedures:
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are lost due to causes such as external oral trauma, aging, jawbone deterioration, etc. can lead to a lot of disadvantages. We offer solutions such as dental bridges, implants, and dentures to replace the lost teeth.
- Damaged teeth: Teeth the are damaged due to wear, external injury to the mouth, or simply misshapen can be brought back to their ideal shape and structure. This can be done using restorations such as veneers, crowns, dental bonding, onlays, etc.
- Stained teeth: Teeth that are badly discolored make your smile appear less pleasing. Moreover, it can lead to frequent embarrassment when people mock you for a dull smile. We can help to get rid of this condition using teeth whitening solutions. They can either be performed in our dental clinic or in the comfort of your house.
- Receded or decayed gums: The gums could recede below the ideal gum line when the patient contracts any gum disease such as gingivitis or periodontitis. It upsets one’s entire oral health as the infection could spread all over the mouth. We would remove the infected tissues using laser therapy and graft healthy tissues to the receded area from a different part of the mouth.
- Cavities: Tooth decay is one of the most common oral issues that we face. The holes on the surface of the teeth left by the microbes are quite a displeasing sight and are best if treated at the earliest. We use tooth-colored fillings or custom inlays to treat decayed teeth.
- Malocclusion: Crooked teeth can attract all the unwanted attention. Malocclusion is mostly caused due to heredity and can affect both the appearance of the smile and the oral functionality of a person. We can get rid of the malocclusion using orthodontic appliances such as Invisalign®.